Tuesday, April 17, 2012

GOOD DEED- I CAN


I enjoy putting gas at night. Not only is it easier for me to get in and out, but the station’s always emptier and the streets are a bit clearer, but I heard it’s also better for the vehicle.

While putting gas, I noticed an older lady digging through some trash cans looking for recyclables. I seen her take what she found and put it in her car which was filled from floorboard to ceiling with bags of cans and both plastic and glass bottles. Because I helped do some cleaning at Moku’ula a few days prior, I still had a medium sized trash bag in the back of my truck filled with recyclables. While pumping gas, I caught her down and asked her if she wanted my bag. She happily took what I had and mashed it in her car. Before pulling out, she said “Thank you and God bless you.” Who would’ve known you could still have a smile on your face even with today’s gas prices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment